Thursday 29 May 2014

The Five Face Challenge Part 1

Oh no, I've been tagged in a make up challenge.....

Now, regular readers will notice I've never mentioned makeup before, I do use makeup (more now I'm in my mid early thirties) but I wasn't sure I could give a makeup post justice - there are some cracking beauty blogs out there. And then my lovely friend Lou from Lou Loves Beauty tagged me in the Five Face Challenge.

I'll be honest, at first I thought that if I ignored it, then it would go away. Lou clearly knows me far too well and soon enough, a tweet appeared "I've tagged you in a post, have you seen it?". Yes yes I've bloody seen it.....after much cajoling I said I would do it. I've got a week off coming up, I'll do it then cos I'll have the time to take 400 photos of myself only to publish 2.

So my week off arrives, I'm trying to cram a lot of stuff in. I need to see my mum, friends that I haven't see for ages, go out Bank Holiday Sunday (it's the law), do some studying, get some blog posts done (this isn't the only tag I need to do) and all this is culminating with a trip to my hairdresser and friend Lou on Friday afternoon. the more I thought about it, the more I thought - I can do a makeup post, I can open up my makeup bag for scrunity, I'd even decided products I was going to use. And then this happened:



I refer you back to my to do list for the week. Remember how one of the things was to go out Bank Holiday Sunday? Let me make a recommendation, don't use a styling wand when you have had an alcoholic drink. Or indeed several drinks. I swear it only touched my skin for a half a second but this is what my forehead looked like this morning 3 days later.

Needless to say, my list of products has changed....

It's Wednesday today (just about), tomorrow I need to study! Which leaves Friday morning to get this done before I go and see Lou. I feel like I should make the effort to get this done before then.

Time is running out, I need to study tomorrow, I have to go shopping Friday before seeing Lou (by have to go shopping, what I mean is that it's payday), I can't stop picking the scab on my forehead, will 5 products be enough to cover it? will I get it done on time? Who knows?

To be continued....

Thanks for reading
Lard
x


1 comment:

  1. I think permanently scarring yourself to try and get out of a tag is a bit OTT but I will give credit where credit is due and congratulate you on preparing for the make up
    tag. Maybe you could make the scar into a "feature", it frames your face lovely! lol Or I could always cut in a fringe on Friday, that will hide it for you! Maybe you could change the tag slightly and use only 5 products to cover the scar? That would work!!! ;p
    Lou xx

    ReplyDelete