Friday 30 May 2014

The Five Face Challenge Part 2

So, you'll know if you've read Part 1 that I've been tagged in The Five Face Challenge by Lou from Lou Loves Beauty. I had it all planned until I had a small accident with some vodka and a styling wand....

Being the trooper I am, I've changed my products here's the final result.


The rules for The Five Face Challenge are as follows:
1. Use five and only five products to create a complete makeup look.
2. Each product counts as 1 product (multi-purpose products count as 1 product such as Benetint, Bombshell the One Stick, Nars Multiple Stick).
3. No pallettes are allowed. No trios, quads or multi-shade pallettes.
4. Tag five others to complete the Five Face Challenge.
5. Have fun!


Product 1


Surprisingly enough I started with concealer. My concealer is from the B. range at Superdrug, I've been using this for a while and I find it does the job when I've had too many late nights. It's also very reasonably priced which always a bonus.

Product 2



Then onto foundation. I don't use foundation very much, my skin is a bit sensitive and too much product upsets it but when I do need more coverage I use Instant Light Complexion Perfector from Clarins. I stumbled across this thanks to a very good sales lady at my local Debenhams. It's not the cheapest in the world but it's the best I've ever used.

Product 3


Time for the eyes and my go to for normal everyday makeup is always my trusty brown eyeliner. As you can see, mine is a bit battered! I've repurchased this a few times from Rimmel, I love the colour on me and I use it as eyeliner on my top lid and occasionally if I'm feeling brave I'll use to it to define my eyebrows.

Product 4


I'm a sucker for a mascara but Maybelline Big Eyes is by far my favourite at the moment. I've got stumpy eyelashes and this mascara is brilliant for length, being waterproof it also means that it stays on the eyelashes rather than under them. It also has a separate applicator for upper and lower lashes which quite frankly is a revelation!

And the result: 

Product 5

 

Last and by no means least, I'm back Maybelline for my lips. I've been using their Superstay 24 hour lip colour for a few months and I'm a bit partial to the Forever Heather colour. It does have good staying power, no idea if it lasts 24 hours but it'll last me a working day. 

And the finished look is:


And yes there were many photos taken before this one.

Including this one:


I may have got a little bored....

Now to the nominations...
2. Simone from Thirty Something OAP
3. Kim from Whimsical Mrs W
4. Petra from Pieternella
5. Kristen from Every Beauty Talks

If you do accept the challenge tweet me your posts to @rantingsoflard so I can see them!

So there you have it, my first makeup post and it wasn't that bad afterall. 

Thanks for reading
Lard
x

4 comments:

  1. You look lovely Hun!! Good job, and a gold star from me! * lol ;p
    LouLovesbeauty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great with just those products! I'm really going to struggle with this, and it's totally out of my comfort zone to post my face but I'll try to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! Thanks for the tag... now all I have to do is whittle down my products and try to cover the huge spot appearing on my chin! Haha

    Lauren x

    keepcalmitsonlyablog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies, it wasn't nearly as traumatic as I thought it would be although I did feel a bit odd taking so many photos of myself! 😊 xxx

    ReplyDelete