Monday 16 February 2015

Earworms

From Wikipedia:

"An earworm, sometimes known as a brainworm, is a catchy piece of music that continually repeats through a person's mind after it is no longer playing."

I get earworms a lot. I think part of the reason is because certain parts of my job can be a bit repetitive so my mind goes for a wander.

The songs the stick in my head are:


Yes that is Paul McCartney and the Frog Chorus. 

Another repeat offender is this:


I was never a massive fan when I was a kid so I've no idea why this keeps coming back to haunt me. My earworms take many forms but these two are the ones that come back time after time.

Until a couple of weeks ago when my lovely work colleague reminded me of this:


Tots fricking TV. 

Periodically for the last two weeks as soon as my mind wanders the music starts and before I know it...."I'm a tot, Je suis une tot, Tilly, Tom and Tiny..."

IT'S DRIVING ME DEMENTED!!

And now it'll be in your head too, sorry about that.

Do you have any earworms you'd like to share? Comment below or find me on the twitters @rantingsoflard

Thanks for reading
Lard
x



No comments:

Post a Comment